Today's choir was really bad at first, during the performance for mixed youth category we really sounded like crap. Miss Lim was quite angry, she stared at us for the entire performance and we just flopped all the way.. But after that we managed to get back on form during the folklore performance, and we did better during our normal practice. I think the environment really matters, and I really couldn't concentrate during the morning, I hope I can improve with this experience.
And I really like the sound of Nanyang choir, especially at the end of the first song where they go so softly with all the high notes, they're really awesome! :) Overall their songs are all very nice. Way to go!
Practice was fun, we had lots of laughter, though Miss Lim keep saying that 'there's a problem with tenors', I also don't know.. Maybe it's that we are not taking the performance too seriously, I think we just have to work together. I really agree with what Miss Lim said: "Music is live, we have to change it to suit different situations" something like that, but it really makes a lot fo sense to me.
And now I'm back in boarding school stoning -.-
Saturday, July 05, 2008
Posted by artix at 3:19 PM