Saturday, October 25, 2008


Identified - Vanessa Hudgens

Seems that Vanessa Hudgens' songs have 'evolved' in the sense that they're becoming more mature I guess? The album features more hip tracks, with her singing presenting more styles in the different genres of singing, as opposed to more standard songs in her previous album 'V'. I personally enjoyed 'Identified', a techno track that actually resembles this certain chinese song which I can't remember what it is haha (probably that's why I enjoy it!). 'Don't Ask Why', one of her few 'emo' songs in the album, is nice too. 'Paper Cut' was compared to Leona Lewis' 'Bleeding Love' in various reviews and they didn't like the song, But I feel that it's okay. There's nothing Vanessa Hudgens can do at the comment I guess, since her voice tend to be softer and with less depth. I don't really prefer 'Gone With The Wind' though reviews praised it.

Oh and one thing I noticed, none of her songs exceeded 4 minutes (even in the previous album!) I don't know why this happens but some songs could afford to be longer I guess?

My rating: 3.5/5