Saturday, May 16, 2009

There's a few programs that I've started to use on top of what I've been using..

1. Windows 7 RC 1

I really like Windows 7; it's like a heavily improved version of Vista. Adds nifty features and is as beautiful as Vista, if not more. And a clean install of Windows always works wonders - no lag!

2. Opera
Opera is cool. Though it doesn't have extension support like Firefox, it has its own set of features, the most prominent ones being quick search (type "g abc" to search for abc in Google) and mouse gestures (move your mouse to the left while holding down the right mouse button to go Back). Plus, it gets to synchronize bookmarks across Opera browsers like Foxmarks in Firefox. I'm still experimenting though.

It has cool 'widgets' too.

3. 7-zip
This is much better than WinRAR; aside from usual RAR support it has 7z too which has a higher compression ratio. Plus, it supports Chinese characters! That's very important as I download a lot of Chinese music in RAR files. (oops)

Notwithstanding the Solitare I keep losing :(

Yay I hope I get to use more new apps soon.